Your Kidunk is made with specially developed, technical performance fabrics, but don’t worry, caring for them is easy peasy.
- The core fabric is made with Polyester and Lycra ® and then invisibly coated with Teflon™.
- The specially developed Polyester is very strong, durable, quick drying and easy to care for.
- Lycra ® is a premium brand elastane which is ideal where stretch is desired giving great recovery performance. It is lightweight, quick drying, and breathable. Lycra® elastane gives that comfort and stretch and will keep its shape, wash after wash.
- Teflon™ fabric protector keeps fabric looking newer and cleaner for longer. Every fibre is coated with an invisible stain finish without changing the look, feel or weight of the fabric.
- Teflon™does not impact on the breathability of the fabric. Liquids, drink and spills mainly bubble on the surface so can easily be wiped or blotted with a clean cloth, soil and mud once dry can simply be brushed away! Remaining stains are likely to come out in the wash. Follow our simple and easy wash instruction to enjoy maximum benefits but here are some extra tips to help keep your Kidunk looking as good as new!
- Use a 40* gentle or normal cycle wash in your machine – closing any poppers or zippers
- Ensure that your washing machine is full or three-quarters full, this will help save energy by doing fewer washes. You could also lower your spin speed, use a synthetic cycle or select manually (around 800rpm) and line Dry where ever possible
- Tumble dry low, or because it dries so fast, save energy and hang or lay flat to dry
- If it needs an iron, then use a Cool setting – we would recommend ironing on reverse
Tips for cleaning common stains!
Avoid leaving stains to settle in over a long period – it is best to pre-treat stubborn stains
ketchup / fruit juice /paint
- Clean the stain with cool water as soon as possible
- Pretreat with liquid detergent leaving to work for a few minutes
- Sponge well and rinse well
- Wash your Kidunk as normal
- If the stain is a bit stubborn, work liquid detergent into it and try soaking in warm water for 30 minutes. Wash as normal.
dirt / sick / pencil / mustard /glue
- Leave to dry and rub off – if the stain remains work liquid detergent into the stain before washing
- Treat most stubborn stains by applying a stain pre-treatment product or soak the stain before washing.
- The Use of softener is not recommended it may reduce the effectiveness of the Teflon®
- Do not bleach – those lovely bright colours will not be happy!
- Do not dry clean
- Avoid very high heat settings – your zips might not like it and the appearance and performance of the material will be affected.
Kidunks have been designed as much as anything can be, to be kid proof, however, there are some stains and marks that will damage the material and that unfortunately, we cannot accept liability for.
These include turmeric (curry sauce), bleach, oil based paints, machine oil, make-up, chewing gum, mould, permanent pens, Inks, nail varnish, tar, super glue. (The things that children would not normally play with!)