Summer Of Play art competition
Calling under 7’s - share your summer story in our exciting art competition! Prizes include a Kidunk Eco Playsuit for the winning artist, a Klean Kanteen eco water bottle and a signed print by Artist and our very special judge - Rob Ryan.
This summer at Kidunk, we have pledged our support to the #SummerOfPlay campaign coordinated by Play England, Play Scotland, Play Wales, PlayBoard NI, Playing Out and Save the Children. The campaign prioritises play, supporting children’s mental and physical health as the Covid19 restrictions ease. Play is fun but it also helps children process difficult emotions, develop social skills and get their exercise.
At Kidunk we are passionate about play and we’d love to see how you’re spending your summer playing out! So, we’d like to invite you to ‘share your summer story’ by creating a piece of artwork.
Artist Rob Ryan will be selecting the winner in two categories 0-5 years and 5-7 years old. Rob uses the world around him as inspiration in his work telling stories with print and papercutting. We are thrilled to have Rob on board!
What to do?
Create a piece of art inspired by your summer of play, tell us your story through artwork and show us what you got up too. We want to see you experiment and have fun, maybe make a mud drawing on a tree with nature finds, a chalk drawing on your doorstep, a seaside collage or maybe you’ll create a sculpture from recycled bits and bobs, a mosaic from old magazines, or you might use paints, pastels, acrylics, inks, pens, pencil and all of the above.
How to enter?
Take a snap of your creation and post on social media tagging @kidunkclothing #SummerOfPlay #Shareyoursummer or email us at email@example.com with the title ‘SummerOfPlay’ telling us your age group.
- We must receive entries for the competition by Friday 3rd of September 2021.
- When taking a photo of your artwork to send to us, please make sure you use natural lighting. Dark or unnatural light can result in distorted image colour/ appearance.
- We aim to inform all winners within 30 days of the closing date.
- All entrants must be under 8 years old and should ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- Prizes are subject to availability. If, in circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar value. No cash alternative will be offered.
- Kidunk clothing Limited reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of our control.